Help us remodel our Grief Support room at the Heartlinks Grandview office. We are asking the community to collectively give $5,000 on Giving Tuesday, November 29.
The Grief Support Room is a unique place where you can make heart connections and get help coping with grief when someone special to you has died. We believe everyone deserves to have support after a death so they can find hope and heal their heart. You can help us provide a safe and comforting environment for an adult or child to receive the care they need. Will you help make sure every adult and child has a space to receive the care they need?
Our vision is to:
- Host several support groups each month for the bereaved.
- Design a space with a fresh color scheme, gentle lighting and artwork.
- Widen the doorways to allow wheelchair access.
- Add frosted window doors for privacy.
- Purchase and hang a whiteboard to create space for grief exercises ($250).
- Purchase a video conference system to allow virtual participation ($1,000).
- Purchase and install a projector ($500)
- Purchase comfortable chairs for seating 8 to 10 people ($1,000).
- Purchase a minifridge for refreshments on hand ($250).